The Town of Yarmouth currently has an opening for Water Treatment Plant Operator.
In this challenging and exciting role, the incumbent will be required to undertake water treatment facility operational duties, as well as duties related to the monitoring of the water quality, in the facility, in the distribution system, and in the watershed, as assigned by the Chief Operator. Operational duties include, but are not limited to the operation, maintenance, and calibration of all water treatment related mechanical, electrical, HVAC, SCADA, chemical feed systems, pumps, water quality monitoring instrumentation, laboratory analyses, etc.
The preferred applicant will have completed a two-year technical program related to Water Treatment such as water resources technology, an accredited water operator training program, environmental sciences, in addition to a water treatment plant operator certification class II and up. Preference will also be given to candidates who have at 3 years class II operational experience in a water treatment facility.
Consideration may be given to those applicants who have at least 3 years practical mechanical/electrical experience and can show a history of working with water treatment related systems, and completion of acceptable water treatment related courses.
Salary and benefits as per collective agreement with CUPE 2530.
Join Our Team!
• Permanent Full-time (40 hours per week)
• Salary as per CUPE Collective Agreement
• Competitive Health benefits
• Defined Benefit Pension Plan - Nova Scotia Public Service Superannuation Pension Plan
• Satisfactory proof of vaccination against COVID-19 is required, in accordance with Town policy
• As operational requirements dictate, the Water Treatment Plant Operator will also be required to occasionally work scheduled and unscheduled overtime
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.