The Yarmouth Dog Park was established to provide dog owners and those who care for dogs, the opportunity to socialize and provide their pets with off-leash exercise. It is located between South East Street and Forest Street, alongside the Broad Brook Trail, behind the Mariners ball field (see map below). The park features a ground cover of grass and has two separate enclosures. Visitors to the park will need to bring their own water. Please note that the dog park is not accessible to persons with mobility issues.
For more details and regular updates, follow the Yarmouth Dog Park on Facebook.
- Hours: Dawn To Dusk
- Use park at your and your dog’s own risk
- Owners are legally responsible for the behaviour of their dog at all times
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the park (Bylaw #20*)
- Dog waste must be picked up and disposed of in designated containers by their owners immediately
- Owners must be present in the park and supervise their dogs with leash readily available at all times
- Dog handlers must be at least 16 years of age. Children from 9 – 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under 8 are prohibited
- Aggressive dogs must be removed immediately
- Dogs should have current immunization
- Only 2 dogs per handler
- Owners must fill in holes dug by their dogs, immediately
- Handlers are to discourage their dogs from negative behaviour
The following are prohibited:
- Human and dog food/treats
- Glass containers
- Dogs in heat, sick dogs, or aggressive dogs
- Puppies under 4 months
- Smoking, littering, consuming alcohol, and use of bicycles
- No spiked, pronged, or choke collars
2 Clements Avenue, Yarmouth, NS