The town picks up solid household waste every week from Tuesday to Thursday – with the collection day depending on where you live. Check out the Municipal Collection Services Map at the bottom of this page to see what days that collectors will be in your area. Here's how it works:
- Regular garbage and compost are picked up on alternating weeks.
- Recycling is picked up every week.
- Residential clean-up is collected on your regular garbage day. (There is no longer spring and fall pickup, as these have been folded into the monthly collection).
- Metals and White goods are collected on the last Friday of each month.
- Waste wood is picked up the first Friday of each month from April to November (excluding holidays).
Please see the Waste Separation Guide to learn what belongs in each category. To ensure collection, all of your waste materials should be placed curbside by 7 AM on your scheduled collection day.
Holidays will only affect the collection of your waste if the holiday falls on your regular collection day. Please refer to your calendar (deposited each December in your mailbox – tape it inside your cupboards for easy access!) or the Yarmouth Vanguard for alternate pick-up dates, or call Waste Co. at (902) 742-3490. The schedule is subject to change without notice.