The Town of Yarmouth offers abundant parking just about everywhere (and no meters)! Find out about the pdf full parking regulations (178 KB) for the town.
- On-street parking is a 2-hour limit.
- Parking lots: town-owned lots are located off Glebe Street (behind the town hall), Collins Street, Brown Street, and Hawthorne Street. These lots offer a 2-hour limit without a permit. Permit information can be found below and can be purchased at HotSpot Parking.
- Parking Enforcement is in effect and tickets will be issued for parking infractions.
- The following list highlights some of the parking infractions in town which may result in a ticket or impounding of a vehicle:
- A vehicle parked or left standing over 2 hours on the street
- A vehicle parked or left standing for over 2 hours in a lot without a permit
- A vehicle parked or left standing in an accessibility spot without a permit
- A vehicle parked or left standing where the vehicle is not within the lines of one parking space
- Vehicles parked or left standing over safety lines
- Unauthorized parking or leaving a stand of a vehicle in a designated parking spot
- A vehicle parked or left standing not in an indicated parking spot
- All other Motor Vehicle Act rules apply.
- There are 4 electric charging stations in the town. One is located in the Rudders parking lot, two are in the parking lot behind Alma Square, and one can be found on Starrs Road.
The Traffic Authority for the Town establishes temporary winter parking regulations between December 1st and March 31st. Here are the key rules to remember:
- No parking on the street between the hours of one o'clock in the morning and seven o'clock in the morning of the same day.
- Don't park or leave a vehicle (attended or unattended) within the street right of way where it might interfere with or obstruct snow removal or winter maintenance operations.
- Don't park on any street or sidewalk during the period from one hour after a snowstorm has begun to two hours after the storm has stopped.
Learn more at Snow Plowing .
The Town of Yarmouth uses HotSpot Parking. Hotspot allows you to buy monthly parking permits for 2-hour parking lots online or by using your Smartphone. Permits are needed to park in any town-owned lot for a period exceeding 2 hours. This virtual permit system allows you to simply purchase and manage monthly passes from the comfort of your own home or while on the go by using the HotSpot Online Dashboard! Virtual permits are also available in-person at Town Hall, 400 Main Street.
Passes are $20 for a month and $2 for one day. Please be advised that there is an administrative fee charged when buying passes through the Hotspot app or dashboard. The fee is $0.50 for daily permits, and $2.00 for monthly permits plus HST. Have more than one vehicle? You can add multiple vehicles onto your pass, allowing you to change the registered plate depending on which vehicle you drive that day.
NOTE: no fee is added for in-person transactions at Town Hall. Future online purchases will only require registered users to log in and purchase additional permits.