The Town of Yarmouth is accepting applications for Spare Transit Drivers.
In this role you will be responsible for the safe and effective operation of transit vehicles (16 passenger bus). You will be required to ensure the bus is in good operating condition at all times. You will communicate with passengers and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner while maintaining order and security on the bus and obeying all laws, regulations and rules.
As the ideal candidate, you possess:
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- A valid Nova Scotia Class 4 license or higher;
- Completion of a Criminal Record Check;
- Completion of a Vulnerable Sector Check;
- Completion of a Drivers Abstract;
- First-Aid/CPR (employer provided if required);
- Three (3) years of experience working directly with customers;
- Three (3) years recent driving experience;
Hours of work are flexible and will depend on operational needs. This may include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
If you are interested in this opportunity please forward your resume along with copies of the documents outlined above to:
Town of Yarmouth
400 Main St.
Yarmouth, NS B5A 1G2
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.