The Town of Yarmouth Planning and Recreation Departments have teamed up to bring a street party to Main Street. The dates for the 2019 event are pdf Sunday, July 28th and Sunday, August 25th. (2.14 MB)
Switch Open Street is a re-occurring event where volunteers take back local streets transforming them into safe, fun, festive and carefree family spaces.
Everyone is welcome at SWITCH, with the exception of cars. Whatever you can imagine will happen in our streets. Residents will be encouraged to join the party for FREE and participate in planned activities, classes, shopping, food, music, entertainment and much more!
On Event Day ...
- Main Street will be closed from Parade Street to Cliff Street however; traffic will still be able to flow on Parade Street and Cliff Street
- Please remember this is a first come first serve space event, with exception to vendors playing music, who will be assigned a space when registering
- Vendor set up is at 11 :00 am to 12 noon and vehicles must be removed from the area before 12 noon. Please do NOT set up until the barriers are placed to close the street
- Clean up is from 4:00pm to 5:00pm. Street will remain closed during that time
- Individual/Organizations are responsible for their own garbage/waste and should be taken away at the end of the event
- Individual/Organizations have to provide all required items themselves (tables, chairs, extension cords, signage, garbage bags, umbrellas, etc.)
- Access to power (if needed) is to be arranged by the organization/individual. You can bring a generator/power supply or ask a business nearby
- The event will take place rain or shine!
- No town permits are required, everyone is covered under the Town umbrella HOWEVER the vending terms and conditions still have to be followed. Any other permits (i.e. food handling) is the responsibility of the individual / Organization to obtain
(see below food permit contact information)
Attention Food Vendors!
While the Town has provided the Vendors license to blanket the entire group, it is up to individual vendors to ensure they have all other licenses/approvals in place.
Local Food Safety Specialist: Seamus MacNeil
Food Protection Permit Forms
Access the Food Proection forms. You must allow a minimum of 2 weeks to process your food permit application. Food Vendors are encouraged to have healthy eating options available as per the Town of Yarmouth's Healthy Eating Policy.
We can't wait to party in the street with you.