The SWITCH event, back for 2023, is scheduled for Sunday, July 30th and Sunday, August 27th.
Switch Open Street is a re-occurring event where volunteers take back local streets transforming them into safe, fun, festive and carefree family spaces.
Everyone is welcome at SWITCH, with the exception of cars. Whatever you can imagine will happen in our streets. Residents will be encouraged to join the party for FREE and participate in planned activities, classes, shopping, food, music, entertainment and much more!
SWITCH Open Street events are planned for the last Sunday of each month. Vendors who are interested in participating are encouraged to complete an online registration form or download the pdf registration form (676 KB) and drop it off at Town Hall (400 Main Street), Main Floor Reception Lobby Drop Box during business hours or email to, firstname.lastname@example.org Music vendors MUST register and be assigned a spot. If you have any questions, contact the Planning Office at 902-742-1505.
On Event Day ...
- Main Street will be closed from Parade Street to Cliff Street, however, traffic will still be able to flow on Parade Street and Cliff Street
- Please remember this is a first come first serve space event, with the exception of vendors playing music, who will be assigned a space when registering
- Vendor set up is from 11:00 am to 12 noon and vehicles must be removed from the area before 12 noon. Please do NOT set up until the barriers are placed to close the street
- Clean-up is from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm. The street will remain closed during that time
- Individuals/Organizations are responsible for their own garbage/waste and should be taken away at the end of the event
- Individuals/Organizations have to provide all required items themselves (tables, chairs, extension cords, signage, garbage bags, umbrellas, etc.)
- Access to power (if needed) is to be arranged by the organization/individual. You can bring a generator/power supply or ask a business nearby. All Power needs are solely the responsibility of the participant. Please remember to secure cords to avoid tripping.
- The event will take place rain or shine! Please be prepared to secure your setup in case of wind.
- No town permits are required, everyone is covered under the Town umbrella HOWEVER the vending terms and conditions still have to be followed. Any other permits (i.e. food handling) are the responsibility of the individual / Organization to obtain
(see below food permit contact information)
Attention Food Vendors!
While the Town has provided the Vendor's license to blanket the entire group, it is up to individual vendors to ensure they have all other licenses/approvals in place.
Local Food Safety Specialist: Riley Simms
Email: email@example.com or phone (902) 742-8985 ext 2.
Food Protection Permit Forms
Access the Food Protection forms. You must allow a minimum of 2 weeks to process your food permit application. Food Vendors are encouraged to have healthy eating options available as per the Town of Yarmouth's pdf Healthy Eating Policy (99 KB) .
We can't wait to party in the street with you.