Overseeing the development of Yarmouth's waterfront region to promote tourism, business, and a rich sense of heritage is a rewarding job – and someone's got to do it! The Yarmouth Waterfront Development Corporation is a limited company established in 1993, led by a 10-member Board of Directors made up of individuals from the municipal and private sectors, as well as partner organizations.
Notable projects that the YWDC has had a hand in include the Lost to the Sea Memorial, developing walkways with interpretive panels detailing our town's history and culture, and the general beautification of our seaside downtown.
Members of the Board of Directors:
- Jim MacLeod, Councillor, Town of Yarmouth
- Pam Mood, Mayor, Town of Yarmouth
- Tim Kaiser, Scotia Garden Seafood Inc.
- Dick Stewart, Atlantic Herring Co-op
- Bob Newell, Newell Lobster Ltd.
- Phil LeBlanc, IMO Foods Ltd.
- Loren Cushing, Councillor, Municipality of the District of Yarmouth
- Patti Durkee, Councillor, Municipality of the District of Yarmouth
- Glenna Boudreau
- Curtis Falls
- Bill Hood
- John Sullivan
- Jeff Gushue, CAO, Town of Yarmouth (Treasurer)
- David Warner
- Ken Moses, CAO, Municipality of the District of Yarmouth
Yarmouth Waterfront Development Corporation Ltd.
400 Main St.
Yarmouth, NS B5A 1G2