The Town of Yarmouth is piloting a new community event in Frost Park this summer, to provide family friendly entertainment for all. There is no admission, but performers may busk and sell their CDs.
This summer series of events provides an opportunity for performers of all types , whether music, song, poetry, drama, or dance on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening from late June to August. On bad weather days the event will be cancelled.
To find out about performances, visit the Town’s Community Event Calendar for more information.
To be a performer, please read the following:
- Summer Sounds in Frost Park Tuesdays and Wednesdays June to August, weather permitting 7pm t0 9pm- Check out available dates at Town of Yarmouth Community Events Calendar
Guidelines for performers:
- This is a non-paid event and you are allowed to busk for cash donations.
- You do not need a permit.
- Entertainment/music must be family friendly.
- Music should be acoustic and if using a speaker, must be keep at a noise level to still allow enjoyment in the park by others.
- No selling of products, other than if you want to sell your own CD.
- Any items you need for your set-up is to be provided by yourself.
- You can set up anywhere in the park (ie the gazebo, around the fountain).
- We will promote on event on the Town’s Facebook page, Yarmouth Recreation Facebook page, Town’s website community events calendar, as well as posting in the park entrance of the park to make community aware.
- If bad weather (rain, wind etc) event will be cancelled.o If a function is pre-booked in the Park, event will be cancelled.
Don’t forget to Bring your blanket, or chair and enjoy the sweet summer sounds in Yarmouth!