The Marina Attendant completes a variety of activities related to the operation of the marina located on Yarmouth's Waterfront. In this position you will utilize your customer service skills while ensuring services are provided in an efficient, effective, polite and safe manner.
Hours of work will vary. Applicants must be available to work evenings and weekends. Position term - May 1st to August 31st
- High School completion or equivalent
- Must possess a valid Pleasure Craft Operators card
- Boating experience
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Nova Scotia Driver's license
- Certification in Emergency First Aid and WHMIS (Employer may provide)
- Ability to communicate in with the public in a courterous and respectful manner
- Must be strongly orientated toward serving the public
- Communication and registration of vising boaters and seasonal birth holders
- Coordinate scheduling of marina berths
- Administration of daily revenue and disbursements
- Arrange for power and water hookups
- Assign mooring spaces and organize fueling
- Daily maintenance and cleaning of marina facility
- Provide tourism information to marina customers and visitors
- Carry out regular inspections of facility and equipment
- Adhere to all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Policies of the Town of Yarmouth.
Closing date - April 19th, 2021.
We thank all candidates for their interested; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.