The Mariners Centre, Southwest Nova Scotia's
The Yarmouth Mariners Centre is a multi-purpose complex and
The General Manager assists the board of directors in establishing the strategic direction and is responsible for the execution of the strategic plan for the Multi-Purpose Complex and ensuring
The ideal candidate is a natural promoter in face-to-face settings, group presentations, and through the media. He/she has a proven track record of planning and organizing successful event and uses a strategic, organizational and logistic approach to marketing and promotion.
- Manage, promote and market the complex’s overall operations,
as well assupport the Facilities Manager.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan that supports the strategic direction of the Management Board and its activities
to effectively promoteand market the Multi-Purpose Complex to its various stakeholders, clients and customers.
- Support the Facilities Manager with all aspects of staff management including recruitment, training, performance management and employee relations.
- Develop and implement
planto achieve fiscal objectives and prepare budgets, and reports for presentation to the Management Board.
- Support policy management with the Management Board Policy Committee.
- Develop and execute the “right” mix of promotional events and opportunities to help maximize the revenue and value of our corporate sponsorship packages (i.e. Big Ticket promotion, product integration opportunities, etc.)
- Maximize the opportunities for cross-promotion and involvement of corporate clients in our complex.
- Implement sponsorship agreements and ensure clients satisfaction through servicing the agreements and development of special events for corporate clients.
- Coordinate publicity and develop and make public presentations about the complex.
- Represent the complex in all relationships with the media by acting as prime contact and creating feature articles about the facility to highlight special
events,and raise awareness of the advantage and availability of the complex.
- Negotiate on behalf of the Management Board the contract rates and manage advertising placement for events within the complex and work with promoters to ensure advertising time line is correct and ultimate audience mix is being reached by advertising strategies for their events.
- Advise promoters on markets, and strategies to increase attendance to their event.
- Monitor campaigns to ensure they are carried out as expected on behalf of the event promoters and that tickets sales for events are on target.
- Ensure safety and security of the complex and staff.
- Maintain and monitor revenues of the rental property and equipment.
- Work with community groups to secure usage of complex.
- Collaboration with other General and Facility Managers with facilities similar to the Mariners Centre.
- Take a collaborative approach when working with the Town of Yarmouth, Municipality of Yarmouth and Municipality of Argyle.
- Members of Management Board
- Facility Manager
- Committees of Town of Yarmouth, Municipality of Yarmouth and Muncipality of Argyle
- Clients – promoters, sponsors, etc.
- Advertising and marketing agencies
- Suppliers of contracted services
- Post- secondary education or the proven equivalent in related work experience.
- Successful experience in event marketing and management.
- Ability to develop and articulate strategic vision and long-term direction.
- Proven experience in media relations, advertising and promotions.
- Ability to effectively support the Management Board by following the proper governance.
- Strong negotiation and networking skills.
- Understanding and appreciation for the Town of Yarmouth, Municipality of Yarmouth and the Municipality of Argyle and the culture of the surrounding communities.
- Results-oriented approach combined with a high level of energy and motivation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competency in computerized office programs.
- Candidates must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Committed to promoting a culture of respect, diversity, health and safety.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.