Cycling or walking along the beach. Enjoying a stage production or local folk art. Walking downtown and window shopping. Yarmouth is an amazing place to live – not just because of what there is to do, but the people who live here. Here's a quick guide to living, working, and experiencing Yarmouth.
- Animal services. How to register your dog and your responsibilities as a pet owner.
- Business directory. Local retailers, manufacturers, distributors and professional services firms – the operations that have helped us become a regional business hub.
- Community directory. Find your way to community groups, recreational bodies, government services and helping agencies.
- Education. From schools to an informal family resource centre, there are lots of places to learn about the world.
- Emergency services. Police, fire, and medical services are available whenever you need them. If someone's health, safety, or property is threatened and help is needed right away, call 911 right away.
- Garbage, recycling, and composting. In Yarmouth, we use a 2 bag system – one for paper products, the other for plastic and metal. Along with roadside collection for solid waste, we also recommend special steps for pharmaceutical waste, hazardous waste, and electronics. Learn more on our Garbage, Recycling & Composting page.
- Water and sewer. How to connect to the town's water utility.
- Transportation. Access a range of transportation services, including a transit bus, shuttles, and ferry service to the United States.
Living in Yarmouth
- Bill payments. Where to pay your municipal taxes, water bill, and more.
- Building and renovating. If you're making changes to your home or business, you'll need to apply for a building permit.
- Minimum housing standards. We take the health and safety of our residents very seriously. That's why the Town of Yarmouth has a minimum standard for housing acceptable for Town residents.
- Weather and tides. Check out the weather, tide, and pollen reports.
- Winter! Learn about our winter services, and your responsibilities as a resident, on our Snow & Ice Management page. Drive safe!
Working in Yarmouth
- Starting or running a business? Learn more on our Economic Development page.
- Looking invest in Yarmouth? As a town building our future beyond traditional industries, we became the best place to host a street party, create new world-class technologies, and get a community fully connected to the world. Your business can live here – on the edge!
What to Do
- Active living. Discover what you can do to stay active and have fun.
- Arts and entertainment. Dive into Yarmouth's thriving arts scene, with galleries and performance center.
- Culture and heritage. Learn about Yarmouth's iconic past.
- Events. Connect with your new community at civic events and festivals!
- Volunteer. Find groups, organizations, and programs who would love your help to make Yarmouth a better place.
See a problem? We want to hear about it! Reach out on our Report a Problem page. If you want to make a donation to the Town, check out our Community Asset Donation Program. Contributions made through this program also benefit the parks, urban forest, greenspaces, the natural environment and the community as a whole.
Click to see the live Killam Wharf Camera
Click to see the live Harbour's Edge Camera
Click to see the live Cape Forchu Lighthouse Camera
Click to see the live Yarmouth Skatepark Camera